Searchers Give Up! :(

After ten plus days, the search is officially called off for the remaining two climbers on Mt. Hood. How sad, I feel bad for all the families involved.

I do believe that given the circumstances that they did everything that they could and realistically, the chances are very slim that the climbers are alive.

A couple of my friends are in SAR - Search and Rescue for the Sheriff's Department and I always remember how they would tell me about people getting lost in the desert or woods and everything involved in helping find them. If you know me, then you probably know that I'm the type of person that would be involved in this line of work. I contemplated joining but I also understood that I'd have to also do policing duties.

I respect the time and effort that these rescuers put in.

No comments: