Are you sick?

A lot of people are sick lately, except me! I'm not sticking my tongue out or doing the neener, neener dance. My friends just commented that they can't remember me being sick. Yes, I get sick but it may last a day.

I feel the difference in how my body is reacting and tell the tiny warriors that reside inside me to do their thing. Luckily it doesn't last long and they are far apart (years!) But that concerns me. My analogy is like an army that hasn't been put to the test, and gets lethargic and complacent. I hope mine are training in the mean time.

I don't take medication unless it's required or not doing so would be detrimental. I'm not saying that I don't think people should. If that works for you and rids the illness then go for it. I'm just saying that I don't. I try to see if my body can handle it first. If it can't, then give me some of that stuff, quick!!!

No, I don't carry bacteria killer, avoid shaking hands, or anything of that nature, in case you're going to ask! I'm not complaining and hope I'm fortunate in old age, too.

No comments: