Tacos El Gordo

Tacos El GordoGot invited to Tacos El Gordo. I thought it was the one in Chula Vista on H-Street but we ended up in National City (the less crowded one)

Here you go up to the serving area and ask for your tacos and then you pay. I got my radish and sauce and was set. I tried my friends pork taco but wasn't too excited about it. I'll have to try it again next time and see if things change.

My friend told me a little history of the place and mentioned that they were from Tijuana, Mexico and started opening up shops here in the U.S. They seem to be pretty popular because the parking lot is always full.

One thing I noticed right away is that the corn tortillas were really small. Maybe that's the point huh? I wondered if Rubio's busts out the smaller "$1 Fish Tacos" tortillas on Tuesdays?

Where was the last NEW place you went to?

No comments: