The Canon has been ordered!

I ended up ordering the Canon 30D, Battery Grip, and 1.4 Extender (don't get third party - bad glass) this morning. The extender drops only 1 f-stop on the 70-200 lense. Pretty good compromise in my opinion for the price. Oh, I saw a wireless shutter release for the Canon; I'll have to "rent" one (range, features, etc...)and see if it's worth the money. I'm also looking at a macro lense, anyone have any real world experience?

People keep asking me why I chose Canon and I tell them that once you start buying the lenses and all the accessories for Canon then you're pretty much locked in. I have several prime lenses for it and I'm sure someone makes a "converter" ring so that you can use other lenses.

In the little time that I've had with the Nikon SLR, I see some things that I'd like to see in the Canon but I'm happy and have gotten used to them. So who wants to bet that the 40D will come out soon? Doesn't matter, I'm excited anyway!

Heather didn't play tonight since her game got rained out, and yes, I fixed the link problem on the photos :) Dang copy and paste.

No comments: