Synergy Wins Opening Game!

It's been a long day and of course we would play at 7:00 p.m., but first things first. Heather helped me take photos today, something that I hadn't planned on doing. I didn't even bring a camera to opening ceremonies at all. I get there and I get handed a Canon and a new Nikon camera (SD Card).

One thing that I noticed instantly about the Nikon is that it is opposite in zooming and feature sets are named differently. I knew this about the settings since I had owned a Nikon Film SLR previously. But the zoom completely messed me up when trying to shoot. My brain kept telling my hand to turn zoom ring to the right when it should be to the left.

Heather headed over to the T-Ball field with the Canon and took photos of her sister throwing the first pitch and then the first T-Ball game. She filled the rest of the memory card and then came back to my game.

So, between the two of us, we shot opening ceremonies, and six teams. The place was alive and many people stayed to watch the games. The vendors had lines that were very long and everyone was patient. Lots of hugs from friends we haven't seen in months and seeing how the girls had grown (Heather is now 5'1' and 100 pounds) since the last time we saw them. Yes, many noticed that I had lost all my extra flab-globules and I have to buy new clothes. Luckily, I have a volunteer to help me with that so I don't look like a dork.

But let's get back to Heather's game since I digress. Well, they won 6-1. I'm gonna tell ya how Heather did since it's my blog :) She got on base two out of three times. The first time, she put down a bunt that followed her to first base, easily beating the throw. Then stealing second base, and then third and finally got RBI'd. Second at-bat, a solid hit up the middle and stealing second. And finally, the third at-bat, with score 5-0, she decides to bat lefty. She slaps and ALMOST hits it over the pitchers head. Pitcher gets it and barely gets Heather out at first.

This year, Heather is concentrating on only catching. She won't be pitching a single ball. She did well for the game, but a couple of balls bounced off of her. I want to re-enforce the "don't blame others/situations" now. Take the responsibility for it and see how to fix/adapt or deal with it. The last time she caught was during the All-star season at Murietta so I'm glad she gets to do it full-time now.

No comments: