Concentrating with distractions

After picking up Heather, and getting her a pre-practice snack, we headed over to the VBall courts. I took my Dell laptop since I had two hours to program.

We get there and what do I do? I start warming up with Heather, playing pickle, and then doing some serves. Looks like my curving spin serve still works :) She practiced her jump serves and then the rest of the team showed up and so I went to my corner with the power outlet.

I saw a mom sit down by me and I introduced myself and started talking to her. OK, back to programming. I completely scrapped my previous idea and implemented something else. I knew that the VBALLs would find me. It seemed like they just gravitated towards me and I found myself kicking and batting balls back to the girls.

Interestingly enough, I've always done my work this way - with lots of distractions and don't forget the perceived time constraints. It drove my mom crazy when I did my homework but she didn't complain about the results. Do you prefer a serene work environment or a lively atmosphere to get your work done?

I finished the new code that I wanted to and saved the rest for later, since Heather had homework and I wanted to see some softball games down at the fields.

Rain is forecast for Wednesday so our softball game will be more than likely rained out.

No comments: