The Days Recap

I didn't get the call/email that I was hoping for, but I'm patient. In due time, right? Heather wanted me to take her to practice so I headed over to Subway and ordered a quick bite to eat to surprise her. A turkey/ham foot long for me and a 6" ham for her. The lady asked what I wanted on mine and I say, "Everything on Italian." She kept asking me if wanted "green peppers? olives? etc..."

As I was walking onto the court, Heather tells me that my phone is ringing. It was the contracting office. They are preparing the paperwork! Woohoo. The call came after the government 4:00 p.m. (go home time) so I wasn't expecting it.

At practice, the girls lined up in three lines and I stood in the middle of the other side and served ball after ball at them at moderate speed to see if they could pass the ball to the setter. After doing that in shotgun fashion, I was sweating and my arm was sore. I really liked yelling, "Balls!" and the girls would run and fill up the basket.

After practice Christy said that I could sign the practice ball but I declined :) I had taken a pair of running shoes to practice because one of the moms asked if I would join her but I really enjoy helping out the team, though.

Heather and I stopped by Krispy Kreme and got a dozen. I let her pick what she wanted and I filled up the rest. I dropped her off and then headed down to the fields to help oversee the All-Star election. We tallied up the votes, called the managers, and headed out!

I did my second night run, but this time with my gloves. My hands didn't freeze this time, so that was something not to worry about. Overall, my time was four minutes faster and the dogs didn't bark at me tonight, even though they were out.

The fedex guy stopped by to drop off the Dell laptop but I wasn't there. He did leave me a little sticky note on my door, though - how nice! I hope he comes in the morning!
5:53 +15

No comments: