Your Baby Can Tell You Something

Friday, I was heading to the Bonita -v- Eastlake game, but it cancelled due to the rain. So, I went to the book store and sat in my usual spot. I saw and then heard a lady get REALLY frustrated with her baby because she wouldn't stop crying. The baby looked at her mom and just started crying louder!

I put down my book and just wondered at what age babies "understood." I searched the aisle and found several books but chose this one to look at because I didn't need a doctoral dissertation on the matter, just something to see how difficult it would be to teach a child to sign.

I read the whole book, and figured the baby probably could have "told" mom what was wrong, if they had worked on some simple signs. If I'm ever a dad again, I'll be sure to try this out. Or, maybe... I'll ask one of my friends to see if I can test this!

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Baby Sign Language (More Info)

Do you think this really works?

I saw other people at the book store that were at the game. I got introduced to a friends mom and spoke a little Spanish, but ended up getting teased about it the next day.

No comments: