Racquetball & Volleyball

Picked up my kiddo after the baseball game, headed over to the gym. I picked a time when nobody was there. Heather saw that the courts were all glass and was a little shy about having people see her since she is a beginner. I let her know that really nobody cares. They are zoning out on their music and just trying to get their workout finished.

It's been a long time since she set foot in a court so I gave her a refresher on how to hold, swing and stand. It didn't take long before she was smacking the ball hard. I'll post some little videos here shortly. We played for an hour and a half. I think we will both remember these: "uh oh...Where's Heather?!" then finally she got her turn..."uh oh...Where's daddy! Nobody home!" Little brat isn't she? We'll have to do that again soon.

A quick lunch at Wendy's and then off to Volleyball. Ramon (25) and I helped Coach Christy (21) through the practice. It's fun to help out and give the girls some tough play to get them ready. Then Heather got some individualized setting pointers. A bunch of "old" people giving her instruction. She listened.

I just got a call from the gym and they wanted to know if I was interested in signing her up?! Not now. She's very busy at the moment!

Oh! I got invited to play indoor volleyball in the evening at Otay Ranch High School with the adults. Some two on two and I don' t know if there is some 6 v 6. Heather thinks I'm an old phart but I can still play!

No comments: