Textpad 5.02

I've been using textpad since 1999 or so. It's a small, fast, clean editor that I like and do most of my web coding in it except for my asp.net stuff. I assigned all text extension away from notepad and associated it with textpad. The last version 4.7.3 came out in mid 2004 and I check their website for updates every so often and found that a new version was out after THREE years.

What did they change after all this time? They did this in three years: Dockable File Explorer, Dockable Search Results and Tool Output, Tabbed document selector and clip library, Re-sizable Find/Replace dialogs, Drag and drop reordering of document tabs, Configurable environment variables, Vista 64 compatibility, and finally partial URLs are now syntax highlighted.

Even if you're not a programmer, you know that that's not a lot. But, I still like it and will continue to use it.

No comments: