Shopping for One

The refrigerator is empty! I needed to get stuff before I left but knew that the food would just spoil. Now I'm looking at it with the door wide open, and dreaded going just down the block to go get something.

They need to have single guy size, along with recipes for one! It seems everything is geared to the 4+ size family. I went into Vons and asked the lady if I could cut up the lettuce and just take what I needed since it was sold by the pound anyway. I explained that I wanted a BLT, but not for a week!

The lady smiled but I knew she really just wanted to laugh at me. No problem, I'm glad I made her day...I ended up getting the smallest one and grumbled (showing a smile, though) as I went to get the rest of the ingredients!

And that was the highlight of my lazy Saturday...

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

OMG. This reminds me of a scene from the 40 Year Old Virgin. The part when his co-worker asked him what he did last weekend, Steve Carell replies (not in verbatim), "I tried making a sandwich." And then goes on about how it was the highlight of his week. lol. So funny.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'm glad I made two women laugh this weekend...

--Sam!

Arlene said...

Why not just cook and freeze? I make a ton of food on weekends, and freeze some, so that I don't have to cook during the week...