Apple or Dell Laptop

Each time that I talk to my daughter about computers she mentions how cool the Apple laptops are and "all the stuff" you can do on them with photos and music and things. I just grin because I'm a PC guy, and it would be funny for my kiddo carrying around a MacBook. She's almost in high school, less than two years away. So I wonder what she'll pick? I'd prefer the Dell.

My Dell laptop is 4.3 years old now and still hasn't died. It's showing signs of age though. I've had to get a new power cable (cable frayed), 1GB Ram, and 7200 RPM drive. The letters on three of my keys are completely gone 'A,' 'S,' and 'D.' The letters 'E,' 'C',' and 'N,' are going to vanish soon. The screen has a kitty scratch from when they wanted to kill a bug crawling across the screen. That's what I get for leaving my laptop on the floor, huh? The battery is kaput and lasts only minutes. It makes funky noises every now and so I wonder if it's telling me it's gonna die soon.

And of course Dell bombards me with catalogs for my business ("oh and get an EXTRA 10-15% discount") and so does Apple. So, it seems like they know that they've gotten my money before! lol

No comments: