First Volleyball Tournament

The tournament was held at the San Diego City College Gym and there was no parking. I had to park way in the boonies!

Six games where going on simultaneously with five in one gym and one in the little practice room. I saw our team on the court and went to the second floor to shoot down onto the court. I didn't like that field of view so I went right next to the court by the pole and score keeper.

There was less than normal light for a gym and I had to pump up the ISO to 1000. Even then the light was bad. I should have packed the 50mm (yes, I'm feet away and it was enough) - Ugh.

The girls got smoked the first match losing two straight games (they play best 2 of 3). After the match, our team had to call the lines and do the score for the next teams that were playing.

Finally, time to play again, they beat a team named "Fruity Loops!" They wore "wife beater" shirts with the flavor written on the back of the t-shirt. Our team "Otay," pronounced - "OH TIE" beat them two games. The last match, the girls struggled a little but won the two straight games to get the first tournament jitters out of the way.

No comments: