Mischievous Kids

The majority of my income when I was a kid was from collecting bottles, so you can probably guess that things that I wanted took a little bit longer to acquire. I didn't limit myself to the refund type of bottles but also the ones that I would use to shoot with my Crossman 760 (it shot pellets, BB's or tiny darts), or my wristrocket wannabe slingshot (the 'real' wristrocket cost double).

I remember a group of my friends with similar hardware bombarding a house that had a sign that said "Stay Out!!!" all over it. We aimed for the windows with the slingshot barrage, and used the rifles for stuff like lights and such. In what I would say was two minutes, all the windows were shattered.

A man with a bat starts running towards us. What the heck?!? Someone was still living there either illegally or not but no time to figure that out. We ran like crazy, and my cousin just dropped "his" slingshot and bailed. The man chased us in his car but we doubled back and hid for hours until it got dark. I went back to get my slingshot and we decided on breaking bottles for a while.

No comments: