Assault on the Alaskan Pipeline

Lately I've been on the assault team as Squad Leader. I normally defend because it's easier to do if people don't act as a team. So on assault, I take a team of five of us (out of 12) including one medic to breach the oil tunnel. I give the order to "open fire" prior to reaching the breach point and we meet heavy resistance. AK74 and RPK bullets are flying everywhere and I toss a smoke and enter the building shooting through the door. I know I hit someone because I hear him start running away screaming in some foreign language

I empty my clip and run out the door and let the next guy flash the tunnel, followed in turn by our m249 to provide suppressing fire. Our first casualty, then another team member gets hit and shouts "MEDIC!!!" Another soldier runs in and takes out two of the opfor. I see my guys start to bunch up in a choke point and yell for my team to "Spread Out!" but it's too late as a 203 takes out three of them. My wounded soldier is laying down in the tunnel to slow the blood loss and continues to yell for the medic and I turn to see where the medic is. He's running AWAY from all the shooting. He is climbing the ladder to try and take a different route and gets sniped as soon as he gets to the top.

Both of us are now trapped in the oil access tunnel. The opfor knows exactly where we are and I throw the last of the smoke to try to buy us some time. There are only two outcomes here: complete your objective or die. I broadcast "Enemy Spotted" and give the exact location of opfor to see if we can distract/hold our current position and have the other team take the main objective but I get no response. I radio for the rest of the squad to report in but our two other teams have been KIA. We manage to complete two of the three objectives and get flanked, flashed, and executed. "Your squad has been eliminated."

No comments: