Back Home

The 200 mile drive back was pretty uneventful, and only one CHP that even came close to pulling me over but he just rode on by at 80+ mph. One of the best parts of the trip for me is when I start seeing signs close to home! As always, Heather slept all the way; this time she was wearing her medal from the ceremony. While while I was driving I really noticed the temperature drop from 100+f down into the 60's as we got closer to home. Heather even mentioned that she had gotten cold, but didn't reach for the blank.

We arrived safely at her mom's place and I helped her unpack and then headed over to a get-together at a local sports bar that I had been invited to earlier. For a second, I was debating going but I told the guys that I would be there so I went.

Only five of us but it was nice relaxing evening with pizza, wings, cheddar fries, and drinks. We didn't stay long since we were all tired from our long day and drive. They're opening up a game room next door to the bar so that should be fun! Ok, I'm really sleepy now. Night.

2 comments:

C Merry said...

mmm pizza, cheddar fries..mmmm
:)
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment.
:)
TLLT

tunia said...

You guys deserve a nice break. A nice sleep and a nice meal!! For heather too!
Take Care! You must be a proud father! :)