Award Ceremony

A short practice for Heather because we went to Mariah's awards ceremony at the high school. I was surprised how few people were there. They announced her full ride scholarship to Oklahoma State University. She was also named "Softball Player of the Year!" Pretty cool don't ya think? One of the few times I have seen Mariah in a dress. They wore full cap and gown stuff. I snagged a few of the macadamia cookies that they had at the table :)

I so remembered my own awards ceremony at my high school. My mom hi-lited the program everywhere she saw my name. Of course, she had to grab extra ones. She had to say, "That's my son, the President of the class!" How embarrassing...Anyway, what did I do with all the money I received? I bought a computer! A whopping $3,500 of it right off the bat. I had applied for EVERYTHING, and was trying to guarantee that I got something - I did and then some. The award I was most proud of was the "Bank of America Award in Computer Science." I couldn't believe that I received an award for a subject that I orginally wasn't interested in!

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Amazing how much computers have come down in price!!!!
Where are the pictures? You're killin' me slims!!
Big congrats to Mariah! That kicks serious ass!!!!

Sam said...

No excuse. I wasn't prepared :( and to top it off, nobody else was either. The only day I didn't have my camera with me.