Rubik's Cube


Heather got a Rubik's Cube for Christmas and after jumbling it up its been sitting on the shelf. So she brought it over and I showed her that yes, I had "solved" it. Heather says she's not gonna mess it up again! :)

In the summer of 1981, when I was in Europe for the summer (straight "A" present) that I was given a rubiks cube to occupy my time during the long flight from Los Angeles to London. I even remember the airline (Laker!) The lady gave me white wine! She laughed at the face I made, because for some reason I thought it was apple juice. Oh, and yes I saw Princess Diana get married - crazy.

I opened the cube on the plane and messed it up and got frustrated because at most I could only do two layers, and I tried to do patterns and memorize where the little cubes moved.

Some of you already know the level of my tenacity when it comes to finding a solution. I might fall flat on my face numerous times, but I'll eventually get it :) As you can see in the little booklet there (I wanted a faster solution), my time was horrible (8 minutes 31 second). I competed against myself and eventually got the time down to 50 something seconds.

Do you like those type of puzzles?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You went to the Royal Wedding?? Cool! NO, don'T get me started on those puzzles...
Come see my blog... got something for ya.

Arlene said...

OMG, your OCD is worse than mine!
Why do you insist on putting your pics on white backgrounds??
I always get what I want...but I don't think I've ever wanted to do a Rubiks cube...I get frustrated too easily with stuff like that.

Ken said...

Toys like Rubik's Cube should be banned. LOL. In my entire life, I have never quote and quote solved any Rubik's Cube that was given to me.

Anonymous said...

I don't because I can't "solve" them. Everyone is teasing you HAHAHA

tunia said...

I like psudoku! Could never really solve the Rubik's Cube. Atleast one or two faces are always messed up!