Hiking in the Mountains

Can you smell the altitude?

Heather and her friends asked me if I would chaperone them on a mountain hike. After the parents were notified I agreed. The girls were thinking of photo ops at every turn, but this is one of my favorites. The rest were "MySpace" type and we are giving them those.

The girls wanted to come back at night when it was dark but I knew they wouldn't because there were no lights anywhere. We must have gone down this trail for about two miles and then the girls saw a huge dog. Ok, time to turn around! LOL

They got their shot and I got to experiment with lighting :) We also found some US hiking with my Dadother things to do: There was a huge wall climbing, paintball, and some bow and arrow courses. I saw the area taped off and did a primal scream to make sure we didn't get shot. No response from anyone so we went on the course.

It started to get dark and the girls got hungry. I took them pizza and we brought it back and ate in the cabin. The girls then headed to the top loft area.

Then it was PITCH black, wanna go on the hike now, girls? Didn't think so!

So...I have this two story, two bedroom condo, and as soon as the howling starts, squirrels fighting, wind and it's time for bed, Heather says she wants to stay in my room. Funny.

VERY weak wireless signal in my area. When Heather fell asleep, I took my laptop and went signal hunting. I found a spot and sat down and got directions to the fields. It would have been a good picture of total darkness, and only a a guy sitting on a fallen tree with a glowing laptop.

Some networks I found: "Little Bear," "NoLeech," "Cabin," "Hotsnow"



1 comment:

Arlene said...

Have I mentioned lately how pretty Heather is?? She's seriously gorgeous! You are in so much trouble!!
Those names are so unoriginal for networks in the mountains!
I so wouldn't sleep by myself with those noises either!!