Smog Test Required

I opened up my gmail and there was my reminder to pay my car registration. I'd given myself a couple of days warning and went on line to pay it. But, I didn't have the smog check, ugh. So, I call the service department down at Nissan and ask if they can test me at 11:15 a.m. Sure, come on in.

I get there and the I'm quoted $10 higher than the advertisement, so I had to point that out. Seems their computer was wrong, and they apologized by giving me a free car wash and a huge apple fritter. I wander around and of course the vultures ask me if I want to take a test-drive, but I decline. I grab a brochure and took a picture of the wall of IDs for the sales people in the lobby.


My car passed it's smog test but the weird thing were the numbers:

The car was allowed to get 47 HC PPM and the measurement was 1.
On CO Emission allowed to get 0.60 and the measurement was 0.00.
on NO (PPM) 494 max allowed and the measurement was 4.

For a seven year old car it did really well, or maybe the machine wasn't connected right. Shhhh!

I Had Wings and Things for lunch and ate my apple fritter, since I was already late anyway :)

5 comments:

Holly said...

I just read your response at TCFIL for action 51. That was actually my first instinct, complete with the "Neener, Neener"! I guess great minds think alike. ;)
I'm kind of glad I thought it through one more time before I posted. I'd have hated to be a repeat.

I agree that your car emission test sounds on the low side, but look at it this way, it's much better than having to do repairs.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I just don't know what's gonna spew out, when I answer a question. :)

Arlene said...

How come you make the backgrounds on your pics white? Makes them look fake.
I've never had to smog test a car...I've never kept them long enough :-)

Anonymous said...

Because the background was a brown table and my background on the blog is white. :)

This is my 3rd car new. I've kept them 3, 5, and so far this one has been 7 years. I PLAN on keeping it until it dies.

Mary Anne said...

omg, about the car registration thing... ME TOO!