Dads

I copied this from somewhere but I can't recall from where. It mentioned about how kidsd see their dads at particular ages.
  • 4: My daddy can do anything.

  • 5 : My daddy knows a whole lot.

  • 6 : My dad is smarter than your dad.

  • 8 : My dad doesn't know exactly everything.

  • 10 : In the olden days, when my dad grew up, things were sure different.

  • 12 : Oh, well, naturally, Dad doesn't know anything about that. He is too old to remember his childhood.

  • 14 : Don't pay any attention to my dad. He is so old-fashioned.

  • 21 : Him? My Lord, he's hopelessly out of date.

  • 25 : Dad knows about it, but then he should, because he has been around so long.

  • 30 : Maybe we should ask Dad what he thinks. After all, he's had a lot of experience.

  • 35 : I'm not doing a single thing until I talk to Dad.

  • 40 : I wonder how Dad would have handled it. He was so wise.

  • 45 : I'd give anything if Dad were here now so I could talk this over with him.

  • 50 : It's too bad I didn't appreciate sooner just how smart Dad really was. I could have learned a lot more from him.
  • I have applied the above to other situations, people, etc...Can you relate to any of this?

    2 comments:

    Arlene said...

    It's all very true. I was driving through Woodland last night because I was upset, and I was thinking I wanted to go by and see my Grandpa. It was a short thought...makes me sad. The same goes for my Uncle. There are so many things I feel like he's missing...I go and talk to him a lot though. It helps.

    Anonymous said...

    So true. You have a different way of seeing things, Sam