LONG Saturday in Vista

We headed at 5:30 a.m. and it seemed like we had just gone to sleep! I had to look at the map before we left because I had never been to these fields. While we were on the freeway, someone called me and had gotten lost. That's two tournaments in a row! LOL.

Our first game 8:00 a.m. was against Los Alamitos, a tough one but we won 1-0, after Drea got a single and then Heather got an RBI double up the middle. Go Heather. Second game at 2:00 p.m. was versus a new team in the league, I recognized a player that was on Heather's recreation team. She crushed some balls out there, but we managed to pull ahead 9-3. The final game of the day, was against Escondido Extreme (Gold) and Jen pitched a shut-out. Almost a no-hitter, to win 4-0. Tomorrow they play for the Championship at 2:00 p.m.

Heather stayed awake the whole time on the way home :) I was really tired though. I can remember calling a friend and they said they would call me back later on. I woke up in the middle of the night and checked my phone and there it was - a minute and a half conversation under my received calls. I can't remember what I said.

Heather wants to leave at 11:30 a.m. tomorrow to make sure we have plenty of "pharting around time." Game time: 2:00 p.m. - Championship Game versus ? I'm guessing that it will be Los Al.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Wow, they really play a lot! And in the heat! To be young again ;-)
That's a ton of driving! I know I'll be CHUGGING Starbucks during my long drives at the end of the month, and I'll probably be kissing my Sirius :-)