Three Hour Trip

Daddy getting gas (hahaha)

I had Heather get ready for our trip the night before, and all we had to do was pack up, grab some munchies, and fuel up! We took off right after school (only one week left of seventh grade!). Heather hooked up the iPod to the radio and played some of my songs.

Cool BridgeAs we were nearing a bridge, I got out the camera and shot this photo. I was going a "little faster" than the posted speed limit, and then I notice a guy on a motorcycle looking at me. I turn and look to find Mr. CHiP turning his head towards me. He looks down at Heather sleeping in the passenger seat for a second, then zooms off. I guess he had bigger fish to fry, huh?

California Highway PatrolA lady pulls up next to me and gives a huge grin. I read it as a "Boy did you get lucky!" grin. Heather woke up and she snapped up photos of many of the signs.

Around Riverside, I notice that we are heading west and I ask Heather if she noticed any signs for "the 10." I took this opportunity to stop and use the restroom and ask for directions. I guess I blinked because we were four miles off.


I see something weird up on the hill and ask, "What the heck is that?" So, we took a photo to see...Wild Creature

We finally get to the windy area and we stop and get some photos of Heather with the mountains and lake in the background, but she hasn't had a chance to use photoshop on them yet.

We arrive at our cabin, unpack and see what there is to do!

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I know that bridge. It's on the 15 freeway going towards my parent's house.

Sounds like you had a blast. And that creature looks like a wild boar. But I don't think that's possible for them to thrive in that climate.

Arlene said...

Alright, complaint time.
Why do you keep the pics small? I want more detail when I click on them to make them bigger :-(
BTW, you got so lucky!!

Sam said...

Cuz I'm a dork! I just didn't want the page to slow to a crawl. I'll figure out the right balance! ;)