Reading the Manual

What did I do at Heather's practice? I read the manual for the 30D. I've never really read the manual to my cameras. I don't mean just glancing but reading and trying out the stuff that it can do whether I was going to use it or not. One thing that I noticed is that the camera does do B/W, Sepia, custom tonals, etc...and experimented with the flash exposure lock, and other features that are seldom used. I turned on the 3200 ISO feature, just to see how grainy the photos would come out. Not really bad. Oh...the temperature only 73 degrees, (23 c) for the rest of the world.

I got gas on the way home since I was way low. I only bought a couple of gallons in Vista since it was $3.50+; just enough to get home to buy gas here. Again, I wish they would just get rid of that "9" at the end.


How low do you let your gas tank go before you fuel up?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I'm paying attention, about 1/4 tank. If not, I pray that the gasoline lamp doesn't flicker on!

Kate said...

Eighth of a tank. Then the problem is whether to go to the expensive gas station near my home or waste gas going to the cheaper one farther away.

Mary Anne said...

I wait till it goes below the letter "E". No, I'm not kidding. The gasoline light usually indicates that I got some juice left to get me out of trouble. I seriously have driven my car with the light on for two days. THIS is the reason why I love Hondas.

Arlene said...

I used to only fill up after the gas light had been on a good 10-15 miles. But then my car started being mean at me, so now I fill up whenever I think about it, but almost always around half a tank!
73, that's great weather!!
Do guys ever read manuals/instructions? Seriously.

tunia said...

hey! hope your trip was good!

I fill the tank full and let it go till the "E". That ways I keep track of how much mileage it gave me each time.

Send me the link to your "First day at work" blog.

Take Care