Daily Recap

Heather's team won their "pool" by winning all three games. Having an 8:00 a.m. game, allowed the team to have the rest of the day off, and come back tomorrow for the final two games.

What do I eat at softball tournaments? There's always the BBQ going for those hamburgers, hot dogs. Today I stuffed myself with watermelon and pineapple sprinkled with chili powder, lime stuff. It seems it's a tradition at the tournament between games. I shoot some photos and then grab some fruit between innings! It's very yummy. The only thing to worry about is to make sure that I didn't pour the whole bottle on the slice. Let's see...I did end up getting a strawberry lemon raspado.

The temperature was about 72 or so; nice and sunny, not hot but just right. One of the teams gave me some flavored water. The first time I'd had some and it tasted pretty good. I'll have to try some of the other flavors.

I ALMOST lost my camera bag! I left it in the dugout after the game was finished. I thought to myself, as Heather would say, "Oh 'S' Hit'" I called someone that was closer to the dugout and asked if they had gotten it, but there was another team there. I nonchalantly walked into the PYL (a rival from up north) dugout and spotted the camera bag; it had been moved and opened, and hoped that I hadn't lost anything. Luckily, EVERYTHING was there. Just when I thought I'd lost everything...Big Sigh!

Overall a good day for our league, four of our the six teams made it to championship day. Heather and I are grabbing breakfast before we go and see if they can win two more games! Oh, Heather has to relinquish her title as "shorty" since she's grown a few inches!

No comments: