Self-Portrait

I'm sitting at the epicenter of the four fields at PQ. We don't start playing for another 30 minutes or so, and I just sitting here. I could get hit by a ball, but I'm zoning out taking pictures of the bugs in the grass; some are even crawling on me and I just stare at them. I tell myself that the yelling and cheering would alert me to something about to peg me. Several people pass by and tell me that it's weird to be shooting photos of the grass. But, I look at the little bugs and pretend that they are in a giant forest that might take days to traverse. Then, I just turn the camera and shoot this one shot with a 50mm lens. This is what the little bugs see through their telescope - The invader in their path out in the middle of the giant forest...their forest.

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

PQ is my hood!

Sam said...

Bonita was in your hood! My daugther's team played PQ in the Championship today (5/28) and got the best of them today 10-3. I'm sure we'll be playing them again; always a good game with them...

Arlene said...

Very nice self portrait!