Wanna fly with me someday?

Yes, that's an invitation!!!

When I was in college, I took some aviation classes. Mostly the ground training, and even got to visit the air traffic control at Brown Field in San Diego. It is a small airport next to the border and I got to direct traffic. I was a little nervous giving the commands but it was fun! Trying to manage a lot of things going on at once. I got an "A" in the classes but the people that actually WERE going to be ATC didn't. Just think about that when you're a passenger in a plane someday!

Earlier this year I expressed interest in getting my pilot's license, and J.F, told me that he wouldn't mind taking me up! Today I saw him and he gave me all the details and it seems that in mid-June, I'll be going up in the plane. Got my velcro ready to secure the camera, so you'll be coming with me. I'm getting updated FAA study materials next week! I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Good luck with getting your license! Next step would be getting your own little plane. That would be so rad.

Sam said...

Thanks Mary Anne!

It would even be rad to just reserve a plane and fly to a nearby city for lunch and then fly back home. I want to do that!

Arlene said...

I love flying...but I've never flown in a small plane, and I'm scared to death of heights, so I'm not sure I'd like it...