Gas Boycott E-Mail

I got an e-mail today that calls for a May 15th, 2007 boycott. They say not to purchase gas for that one day and it will cut billions in profit from the greedy oil industry. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it won't work.

What will end up happening is that people will top off on the 14th, or the 16th. The net affect will then be zero. It will be the twin peaks effect, a high surge before and after to compensate and they won't feel a pinch.

Only thing for sure that will work is lowering overall consumption and that is just not going to happen.

Gas is $3.339 per gallon here! What about your area?

4 comments:

Arlene said...

I honestly feel bad for people that think stuff like that will work...
'Bout the same price here. I was tickled yesterday when I got it for $3.20!!

Sam said...

Are you ready for $4.00? Oh, and they should just give up that 9/10 stuff...

Arlene said...

I guess if it goes slow I'll get used to it...sucks!

Serket said...

I saw one in Utah for $3.059. We definitely need more cars with higher mpg and people to buy them.