I Refereed my first Volleyball Match

Heather almost forgot that I was picking her up today for the scrimmage game versus Eastlake, but I saw her turn around and find me. It's way easier and I have "my" spot everytime.

I walk into the gym and Christy smiles at me, and says "I'm so glad you're here! I got you a whistle because you're gonna referree the match today!!!" NOOooooo. I've never done that before. She told me that I would do fine. Both sides warmed up and I was ready. I blew the whistle and did the hand gesture to serve! Match on...

I messed up two calls - a lift, and raised my hand to the wrong side for the point, but overall ok for my first time, but it had no impact on the game or match. We lost all three sets :( I got to keep the official whistle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How soon before you'll be posting an entry where you umpired a softball game? I love it and get used to the jeers. Good luck.