Right Amount Please

My daughter wanted Wendy's 99cent nuggets before practice yesterday, so...I take her, but they weren't 99cents as the container holding them says, but $1.19.

After the day's events, I wanted a carne asada burrito. I went to the local shop and ordered; nothing special until she gave me my change from my $20. I was watching her get the change out of each slot in the register, so I knew what was happening.

me: The change is short.
her: What?
me: I gave you a $20.
her: [rolls her eyes at me and tightens her lips]
me: [hand her the change to count out]
me: It's short $1.25. She was looking at the tape to see what the total was.
her: HERE! [handing me the money]
me: thanks.
cook: ¿QuĂ© Paso?
her: He wants his 20 cents.
cook: [Hands her my burrito]
her: Carne Asada Burro! [doesn't look at me at all]

She short changed the next customer by several dollars! He noticed it right away and the cook said, "What's up with you?!"

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Apparently being able to count wasn't a pre-req for that job ;-)