Flat Tire

I helped a lady on the freeway today. I saw her standing behind her car, and a little boy in the back seat and pulled over and stopped with a enough distance between the cars. She could have been in her 50's, or 60's. I guess that might explain the lack of cell phone. As I got out of my car she smiles, and thanks me for stopping.

We talk for a second and get her spare tire out, but she has no tire iron. Then I think of the movies, where the guy turns to say, "There's no tir..." and get's whacked in the head. Luckily, that didn't happen. I got mine and changed the tire really quick. And then I was ready to go.

her: How much would you like, young man?
me: It's on me! Thank You, anyway.
her: No! Thank You!!
me: You're welcome. Make sure you get that fixed right away. It's not a "real" tire.
her: Come on, a little something for you. That's the least I could do for you. [Holding a folded bill]

My hands were dirty so I didn't shake her hand so she gave me a "grandma" hug. hehe. The little boy waved at me and I got back in my car.

When I got home to load the laundry, I removed the stuff from my pockets and found $20 in the BACK of my pants. I never put money in the back so that was unusual. Then it hits me that "Grandma" must've slipped the money in my back pocket.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you stop posting then we'll know why!!!!!!!!!! Be careful there are alot of sickos outthere

Arlene said...

That was sweet of you!! I've never had a flat tire, thank God, because I know I have NO idea how to change it!!

tunia said...

hey how did she manage to reach the back pocket?? neat!!

before i learnt how to drive, my father first made me change all the tires( spare in place of 1st tire, 1st into 2nd place and so on..)

nice job! :)

Sam said...

Hey, Ira.

I'm guessing when she gave me the hug or when I was squatting down actually changing the tire; the only two times that it could've happened.