My Mom

My mom loved the month of May for several reasons: Her birthday, Mexican Mother's Day and US Mother's Day. She thought it was great, and as I took her out for "Dia de las Madres," she'd remind me of where she wanted me to take her for her birthday and what to get for her. She knew that I always had some cash on me, and would ask me, "which pocket?" :)

She loved to get dressed up all the time, even to go to the 7-11 down the block, and when I'd call to let her know that I was coming down to take her out, she'd be waiting on the balcony all sparkly and ready to go.

I told her that I would take her anywhere she wanted to go, and she'd say "Coco's, or Anthony's." It wasn't up to me to decide what is special, so I smiled and helped her into my car and said, "Pues alli vamos!"

We'd get to the restaurant and she'd look a the menu, but I knew what she was going to get: a salad, something with fish, or chicken, and a sprite with no ice and a straw. She liked when I ordered for her. She'd never finish her meal and always tried to sneak some extra biscuits.

My mom was alway telling me and others how proud she was of me, how handsome, intelligent, popular, and how I'd grown up. I'd say, "You have to say that, you're my mom. You're not gonna say that I'm ugly, stupid and immature!"

Everytime I saw my mom, she would give me advice usually it was: "take take care of your wife and your wife will take care of you even, when you're both mad; take care of each other." I always listened even though she had told me the same things over and over.

I love and miss my mom!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

I'm glad you have such great memories of her, but I'm sorry she's gone :-(