The Workshop


I went to a workshop last night along with about 100 other parents, and one of the exercises was to draw a girl. We had one minute to accomplish this task and no further instructions given. So, this is what I came out with in one minute. I did the head first and then the stick body. I wanted to make sure I finished the girl. Ok, I still had time left, lemme give her some clothes. Hmmm...still time; I gave her fingers, and some more hair. "Five seconds!" Oh crap! she has no shoes - quick, draw the shoes.

The guy says, "Time!" We were then told to get into groups and that we were to critize each others drawings and remembering the "Magic 5:1" of positive to negative ratio (applies to relationships too, ok?)

My group was kind and give me the following five "positive" things:
  1. She's smiling
  2. Nice outfit
  3. Good Extension
  4. Looks like a girl
  5. Great Stance

And my "negative," was that she looked like she was an "X-Ray." Ok not so bad. And they tried to fill my "Emotional Tank" so that I wouldn't get discouraged.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

What kind of workshop were you in??

Sam said...

It was a 2 hour Positive Coaching workshop. It was fun!