Floyd Wins and So Do I

I was told that the BBQ and fight night events would start after 6:00 p.m. so I show up around 7:00 p.m. Tony was doing the carne asada and the wife was preparing the chicken asada along with everything to make some yummy tacos/burritos.

As the guys start showing up, I see two familiar faces from long ago. Back from the day where I invited guys to "LAN Party" nights at my store. I used to give them the "compa" discount and they recognized me instantly.

I think I was the only Mayweather fan in the house. I entered the friendly betting pool and picked round 11 as the round that the fight would end. Missed it by one round, but I still won! We were watching the fight in two rooms then all moved into the livingroom.

Next on the planned events, was a Poker Night immediately following. One of the guys makes custom poker tables, and this was run like a real tournament. Giant plasma TV running the time, and sessions with seating and all. I was surprised to see the ladies playing too! I had to leave because I have an early day tomorrow but I got a text message telling me who won the tourney!

No comments: